Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2019

Mother's Day 2019 Books - The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon and The Golden Atlas by Edward Brooke-Hitching.



Books for Mother's Day 2019!

The Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon is her brand new stand-alone, high fantasy, whopper of a book, which I cannot wait to get my teeth into.
I have read the first three books of Shannon's The Bone Season series and am waiting patiently for book four to come out. The Bone Season is an absorbing series, with wonderful world building - sort of a steam-punk future where psychic powers are banned. I highly recommend checking out this series, if fantasy is your thing.

The Golden Atlas by Edward Brooke-Hitching is a non-fiction book about the greatest episodes of exploration from across history, with matching maps! Absolutely fascinating, and I am looking forward to reading this one too.
This is a companion volume to The Phantom Atlas, that I received for Christmas, which is about myths, blunders and lies on maps. I hope to be dipping into this book soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment