Search This Blog

Thursday, March 7, 2019

A Study In Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle



Read October 2018.

This is the book that introduced Sherlock Holmes to the World.

Dr Watson takes up lodgings in a house where the existing resident is a very odd fellow - and so begins a partnership that will come to solve many tales of murder and mystery.

In The Study In Scarlet, the police are baffled by a mysterious murder, but Holmes soon puts his superior intellect to the test and discovers that this is linked to a tragic story of love and revenge.

I have always struggled trying to get into Sherlock Holmes, so have finally resorted to the Audible audio books, read by the wonderful Stephen Fry.

What a revelation! I am suddenly able to see why these stories have stood the test of time and I can see myself becoming a fan.

Holmes and Watson are such great characters, and I am really looking forward to hearing more of their adventures. I am pleasantly surprised at the amount of humour contained in this book.

The introductions by Stephen Fry are also fascinating, and infect you with his enthusiasm for the stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment