Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2019

11/22/63 by Stephen King



Read February 2019.

What would you do if you had a way to go back in time and stop the assassination of JFK?
Would you?
Could you?
Would the World be a better place, if you did?
Can the past even be changed?

I started reading this book, because my husband was raving about it, so it became our personal reading club book. We rarely read books at the same time, because I read much quicker than him, and normally have three or four on the go at the same time, so it was a real treat to do this.

What a book! It is a whopper, at 849 pages, but it had me gripped from page one. I had to limit the time I spent reading this, so I did not get ahead of my husband, and it was really difficult to this, because the story is so good.

I find that Stephen King books can be a bit hit and miss, and the big ones do not always keep you enthralled all the way through (for example, the book It has a pretty dull phase in the middle), but this one is a real winner.
Although it is a stand alone book, I recommend that you read It first, or at least familiarise yourself with the story, because Derry and a some of its inhabitants actually appear in this book. The story is much better if you know something about Derry.

I am always a sucker for a time travel story and this is one of the best I have read, and one of my all time favourite Stephen King's to boot.

No comments:

Post a Comment