Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Paris For One And Other Stories by Jojo Moyes



Read October 2018.

I loved Jojo Moyes' Lou Clark books, but I have never read any of her other books.
This one is a collection of short romantic stories, preceded by the slightly longer Paris for One, about a girl who finds herself stranded and alone in Paris when her feckless boyfriend decides it is too much effort to go with her.

Paris for One is more of a novella and I really enjoyed this one. I would happily read a full-blown novel of this story, should Moyes ever write one.
The other, shorter stories are a bit hit and miss, but I did enjoy them on the whole, and a couple even brought a tear to my eye.

Overall, this was an enjoyable book, but I think I will stick with her longer novels in future, which is really a compliment to Jojo Moyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment