Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2019

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie



Read February 2019.

Ten strangers are invited to stay in a mansion on an island off the coast of Devon.
They are all hiding a secret and their sins will be found out.

I am a huge fan of Christie's Poirot books, and quite enjoy a Miss Marple now and then, but this is the first Agatha Christie I have read without a "resident detective". I know this is considered a classic, but for me, the lack of a Poirot or Marple did cause the story to suffer a bit. I love it when all the suspects are gathered together at the end of the story and the murderer is exposed, and I really missed that.

I find it odd that this is one of those books that often appears on the "must read" lists, as it is certainly not the best one I have read.
I think I will stick with the Poirots and Marples.

No comments:

Post a Comment