Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Force of Nature by Jane Harper



Read February 2018.

If you have read my previous post, you will know that I am a massive fan Jane Harper's debut novel The Dry, so could not wait to read Force of Nature - which continues the story of Melbourne detective, Aaron Falk.

This has a different vibe to the small town tension of The Dry, which I must admit, I did miss.
This time, the search is on for Alice, a woman who goes missing on a team building hike in the wilderness, and who is involved in an investigation by Falk into the financial dealings of her employer.
Red herrings abound along the way, until the story twists and turns to its conclusion and I love the way that past and present are told in consecutive chapters.

Although this book does not pack such a punch as The Dry, which was always going to be a hard act to follow, this is still a pretty good book. You won't be sorry to read Jane Harper, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment