Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2019

Becoming by Michelle Obama



Read February 2019. Non-fiction.

I have been a long time fan of Michelle Obama. Her passion for the education of girls, her naturalness, and her sense of fun came across so well during her time as First Lady, and her husband clearly adores her.
I was therefore, really looking forward to reading her memoir and had it on my tbr list from well before publication date.

This is a frank and honestly written account of her journey to First Lady: from her childhood on the Southside of Chicago, via Princeton and Harvard Law School, working as a lawyer, meeting her soulmate Barack, and her life as a working mother. It tells of her passion for what she thinks is right, her love for her family and her hopes for the future.

I loved it.
It has left me feeling more than a little sad about the change in regime in USA though, but I guess we must think like Michelle Obama and look to hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment