Search This Blog

Monday, March 4, 2019

Rotten Row by Petina Gappah



Read February 2018.

My husband bought this book for me for Christmas 2017, along with An Elegy for Easterby by the same author, as he thought I would find them interesting.

I do not read a lot of short story anthologies (despite my previous post also being an anthology!), as I like something to get my teeth into, but these are unusual in that many of the stories reference each other. They are all connected to life in modern day Zimbabwe.

My husband was right and I found these tales of the nature of the relationship between crime and justice in modern Zimbabwe fascinating. In turn dark, sad, touching, humourous, tragic and thought provoking, these stories should really be more widely known.

No comments:

Post a Comment